Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Sequim Revisited






 A beautiful day for a road trip to Sequim. Sequim is about 90 miles from us via Highway 101. 

We spent many wonderful Summers in Sequim, first in the 5th wheel and then in the cabin on West Sequim Bay Rd. We revisited many of our favorite places.

Our first stop was the John Wayne Marina. The John Wayne Waterfront RV Resort is across the street and has not changed much in many years, except the price. When we first stayed in the RV park, we paid $300 per month. Now they no longer offer "summer rates" or post their prices.

Our second stop was Port Williams beach to collect rocks. Port Williams has the nice round granite rocks I put in empty bowls, empty vases, empty birdbaths.... you get the idea. I also picked up a few rocks that I will paint. There was a guy in a wetsuit snorkeling.

Third stop was the Sequim Goodwill.  I found a nice Seattle Kraken shirt and Jack found shorts and shirts. Their books are not in alphabetical (author) order which kind of annoyed us.

Fourth stop was Sunny Farms where surprise!  the ground beef was on sale. Beef at Sunny Farms is from Othello in Eastern WA, which is on the way to Pullman, Go Cougs!

Fifth stop on the way back along Hood Canal was the Halfway House in Brinnon for pies. I got Marionberry Cobbler and Jack got an entire Strawberry Rhubarb pie! As stated in a previous post these pies are homemade and fantastic.

Sadly, our sixth stop was a bust as the Honeybee Chicken place was closed. 

When we arrived home there were two does relaxing on the grass enjoying the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visiting BFF

 I spent two nights at best friend Denise's house in Mukilteo and as a bonus got to visit with her kids and new puppy. We drove out to C...