Thursday, May 16, 2024

It's a Beautiful Morning

🎜🎜

It's a beautiful morning, 
I think I'll go outside for a while and just smile
Just take in some clean fresh air, 
 no sense in staying inside
If the weather's fine and you got the time
It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand-new day  

🎜🎝🎜


                                                        Huff N Puff Trail



                                                            Disc Golf


 A beautiful morning walking the Huff N Puff trails in Shelton. This trail system is across the street from Shelton High School, so I generally wait until school is in session for the day to avoid the loiterers and suspicious characters although that is my own quirk as I have never been harassed. Just cautious.

There is a disc golf course on the outskirts of the trails that seems to get a lot of use. "Golfers" have their own specialty equipment of different colored frisbees along with custom backpacks to carry it all. Occasionally my walk here will coincide with a tournament, and I have been impressed with the distance and accuracy of the throws. 

This morning there were Chipmunks running back and forth across the trails and they reminded me of a funny story:

Years and years ago I was talking to some coworkers about a recent visit to Mt Rainier and mentioned the numerous Chipmunks begging for food. One young lady, fresh from the deep south, asked me, "Are Chipmunks little baby monkeys?"  Debra Lucille from Louisiana I'll never forget you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visiting BFF

 I spent two nights at best friend Denise's house in Mukilteo and as a bonus got to visit with her kids and new puppy. We drove out to C...