I am training our resident crow, Einstein, to take food from beneath a tree down by the beach. I was putting it on the dock previously, but the seagulls took it, and they are horrible bullies. Einstein caught on very quickly and will wait for me in a tree then swoop down for the food. He likes cat treats, peanuts and prime rib. Although I know he would basically eat garbage I try to keep his snacks healthy.
Wally, our Douglas squirrel comes to the sliding door and peeks in when he wants nuts. He is very respectful and doesn't dig in the plants. We don't feed the gray squirrel and our neighbors have put a slinky around the pole to their bird feeder to discourage him. Can't wait to see him try that out. Gray squirrels are non-native to the area and cause tremendous damage to wiring in cars and homes.
We noticed some mouse poop on the mantel above the stove. The electric trap doesn't seem to work, and I refuse to use a glue trap. Although I'm not fond of mice I don't want to torture the poor guy. I read that mice don't like the smell of lemons so I put a slice of lemon on the mantel and it seems to be working!
Slice of onion, lemon essential oil and lemon slice!
No comments:
Post a Comment