Monday, May 20, 2024

New Sign


 We put this sign up on this tree and although you can barely see it on the right-hand side is another sign that says "Welcome" Kind of contradictory? Removed the welcome sign.

Jack and I went to a "Conversation about Cougars" yesterday sponsored by a research group on the Olympic Peninsula. They collar and release Cougars and discussed some very interesting information about how far the cats roam and their habits. Just like housecats, they are "curious but cautious". They are not all out stalking and eating Fluffy, Fido or your two-year-old kid as they prefer deer.

Speaking of deer, we have not seen as many in the yard this year. Maybe the Cougars have been around cleaning up. We did have a visit from four Peacocks yesterday. No idea where they came from or where they eventually went. I fed them peanuts and crackers and hoped they would stay but they had other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visiting BFF

 I spent two nights at best friend Denise's house in Mukilteo and as a bonus got to visit with her kids and new puppy. We drove out to C...