Sunday, May 26, 2024

Gray Menace is Back and a Local Cat Colony

 

 

Setting the trap again!

Gray squirrel spotted again digging into all my potted plants. I read a study that said (gray) squirrels can't remember where they have hidden 75% of their treasures. This guy apparently doesn't remember that none of my pots contain any of his stuff. He must go. Jack set out the trap with a cracker topped with peanut butter. 



A few days ago, I ventured into local Deer Creek Nursery and Landscape to see what was new and discovered the owners have TNR'd about 17 kitties! (TNR is trap, neuter, return) They provided beds and food and the cats settled right in. Anyone reading this knows I have a soft spot for cats and plants. Most of these guys are Tuxedo cats which of course reminds me of the boys we left behind Tux and Snoopy, who are being cared for by neighbor Julie at The Ranch.

Random:  This morning, I saw a momma deer and her tiny newborn fawn crossing the road. The spotted fawn was about the size of a cat and balancing on wobbly legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visiting BFF

 I spent two nights at best friend Denise's house in Mukilteo and as a bonus got to visit with her kids and new puppy. We drove out to C...