There was a brief Orca sighting yesterday (not shown in this photo) and the local seal population has apparently moved elsewhere (or been eaten). I follow an Orca Network site online and can generally get a heads up when there is a pod in the area. Otherwise a good clue is people lining up on the bridge and numerous boats hanging out front in Pickering Passage.
Yesterday I tied up strips of flashing 'bird tape' to the railing leading to the beach hoping to discourage the otters from pooping on the steps. I didn't take into consideration that the tape only flashes when it's windy during the day, and the otters do their business at night. Neighbors keep a blow up Orca in their boat to discourage the otters and that seems to work. Fighting otters, squirrels and carpenter ants seem to be our life so far.
I want to suggest a funny movie that Jack and I watched last night;
"Phantom of the Open" The worlds worst golfer... a comedy from 2022
Loosely based on a true story of never golfed in his life Maurice Flitcroft who enters the British Open in 1976. Very funny. We watched it on Amazon Prime.
No comments:
Post a Comment